Effective editing helps get the writer’s message across with clarity, consistency and accuracy. Editing can range from improving the structure of text to correcting grammar, spelling and punctuation.
My courses can help you:
- understand editing’s role in the publishing process;
- define your audience, purpose and media;
- develop and use basic editing techniques;
- edit text on screen;
- improve language, style and clarity;
- stay consistent and work with house styles;
- use grammar and punctuation correctly; and
- identify and avoid common problems.
The skills learned here are not just for publishers – they can be applied to any business sector. My courses can be tailored for people who edit at any level and who work on any kind of documents or publications.