Proofreading is the final step in making sure your documents and publications are error-free. At best a mistake in print can hurt your credibility and brand. At worst it can cause significant financial or legal problems.
My courses can help you:
- understand proofreading’s role in the production process;
- plan a proofreading task;
- use simple proofreading techniques;
- use your judgement in deciding what to change;
- make effective corrections;
- mark proofs with standard proofreading symbols; and
- identify and fix common problems.
I provide proofreading training for people who work at any level, from checking emails and business letters to the final proofing of commercial printed publications, books, journals or magazines.